Studying suggestions
Q: I am looking for a Bible study that I can follow. I have read the entire NT multiple times and I read the psalms/proverbs daily but I am having trouble getting overwhelmed by just reading randomly and not having something I can dive into. I dont want something shallow that doesn't have any meat to it.
I did the "Having a Mary Spirit in a Martha World" this year with a friend and I really enjoyed that (but it was mostly answering questions about what was in the devotional she provided) and I'd like something a bit more into the Scriptures. Thx.
A: It is great you've got that far!
Theres far too many "studies" and "devotions" out there that folk just publish for income.
Your church should have a important new believers, and discipleship class, as well as additional studies (that might delve into those other store books) offered. But for personal study, we need to focus on the meat of the Word.
Theres a few options I would suggest. ✅️Avoid reading randomly. Study with purpose.
1. Understand what the Bible is about.
●Nutshell summary
2. Understand the Essentials of Christianity. And clear understand the Gospel
3. Dive into the Attributes of God
●Basically "Getting to know God".
○This has additional resources of books you can read too to deep dive.
You can take a side tour after that on the Trinity, Jesus and the Holy Spirit from here.
4. Go through the key Doctrines in Scripture.
●These are instructive and guiding for followers on the teachings found in Holy Scripture; Gid's authoritative Word. His special revelation to mankind.
○This book will help you through those.
5. Read Scripture in connection with summaries and faq (so you can get some Qs answered as you go).
●You can use this 2 ways:
A: Like a speed through Scripture. Just visiting the summary info book by book.
B. Going book by book
-Read Summary
-read full Book
-Go thru faq as you read
6. Read Cover to Cover daily for life.
Here are Reading plan ideas:
A. Cover to Cover, with audio Bible.
●Use a Readers version (it removes the headers and chapters). Helping you see the context of prior to and after the section youre on, so you connect it altogether, not chopping it up only by story. You miss a lot by sectioning it by story. It will help you see it more connectedly.
○ Read one sections account 7x in a row before moving on to the next one.
-That includes the chunk before and after a typically segmented chunk. So its the full account you're taking in. For a deeper grasp.
B. Read a fun plan
○Pick one of these (and then, go through them all).
○Use a Study Bible, with a solid version, to help you understand the things that go beyond just English words, and go deeper. Study what it explains as you read Cover to Cover.
C. Read Scripture along with a Study series by book.
●Pair a sermon teaching series, book by book, as you read through that book. Helps you go deeper than a study Bible.
D. Move on to a Cover to Cover reading plan
●You can use Horners plan or just read daily the portion you want to as your time allows. Some days you might read more. Daily life practice of daily reading.
○Resources for these can be found here.⭐️
God bless
Ps. Keep in mind, Professing Christians shouldnt be trying to eliminate something from Scripture cuz they dont like it, were scared away from it, or dont fully understand it. If God's Word teaches it (in context) then we have to recieve and believe it. To alter God's Word is to be in idolatry, and to reject clear teaching is rebellion. Be a Berean Disciple no matter what is in the Bible & let the Holy Spirit teach you truth, wherever the end of a matter leads.😉✨️.
Comments
Post a Comment