Struggling with God & Faith questions
Q: I thought I had become a Christian recently and I was obsessed with learning reading as much as possible.
I was going to church, bible study, listening to Christian radio and listening to sermons.
I became unwell for a few weeks and had no energy for it all.
Once I was well enough I didn’t pick up my readings and learnings again. I felt my Christianity slipping away.
Why do I only “feel it” when absolutely absorbed in it?
Why has it been fleeting, why is my logic kicking back in?
I feel like there is something of a concept of God/creator but I can’t belive the Bible.
In my few months of learning I realized each religion refuses to read/learn about other religion and their Bibles. Each have their own additions, omissions and each has been done by MAN. I don’t trust it.
How do I find my way ?
A: You should start at your local Bible ficused church. Why havent you called the church and asked the Pastor to meet to discuss these questions? or gone to Sunday School and met your teacher afterwards over lunch to discuss these concerns? The church is the 1stvplace we need to go to seek out answers and get help. No one will think you are stupid. Everyone grows and learns at a different rate and age depending on when they are being led to Christ. I know of 90 year olds, 103 year old and 107 year old who got saved. You are way ahead of them, so just ask with curiosity and to get help. 🙂😊
Here are helps to answer these questions
1. What was the first religion?
The faith of YHWH from Eden. From the very beginning of creation.
* In the OT they looked for the Messiah to take away their sins, in the NT he arrived, completed that mission and went back to Heaven. Messiah is the Jewish word for the Greek word Christ. Jesus the Christ is God and the promised Savior. This is why today they are called Christians. Their faith is in the Christ. There's no need to call believers Messianians or their faith Messianity because we know the Christ has been revealed to the world as "Jesus Christ" thus we use the name Christian. Simple right?
2. Has God changed?
No.
3. Have people created false gods since after Eden?
Yes. Billions of them.
5. Examine Christianity.
*About Creation and the Creator God
*Examining Christianity
*The Reliability of Scripture
*About Jesus (& how he changed the world)
7. Read the Bible
-- What God wants us to know from reading the Bible:
A. Get to know the character and nature of God, so you know who he really is.
B. Find out why we need a Savior and how to be saved, (and what comes with that transformation).
C. Find out how how believers live holy lives.
-- Who wrote the Bible?
God did but he used men, from Israel, overtime to do so. When you write a letter do you write it or does your pen? God used each person's personality and the culture and time frame they lived in to progressively reveal His Special Revelation to mankind. Each writer was like the pen in God's hand. And he preserved it over time as he is soverign.
-- Best reading plan?
Use an audiobible if it helps you through the old testament. My suggestion for reading the Bible.
Ask God in prayer to guide you as you examine and investigate all these things here, so you can solidify your faith and not have doubts anymore.
God bless
Related
*Examine Yourself to see of you are saved
+Bookmark this page and go through the material on this page, one link at a time.
Comments
Post a Comment