Seeking Answers for basic Christian clarity

Q: I have been reading the Old Testament and it has made me feel very discouraged. 1) I understand that we can only be saved by Jesus, nothing we even do or think can save us. 2) I understood that we might not have free will, but we have free choice. 3) Reading verses where God sent evil spirits, or gave them permission to do harm or to lie, etc. I know that God is good and no evil comes from Him, but 4) I have all these conflicting thoughts and questions, I was under the impression the enemy could attack wherever he could get the opportunity, but if the enemy has to get permission from God before he can attack does it basically come from God?

5) I had a rough childhood, and like most people having health issues as well. I am still young, 6) I know that I don't even deserve the light of day, but 7) why did God make me? 8) What if I too take too long to change my ways and He gives me over to my fleshly desires and hardens my heart? How many chances do we get and do we really have free choice? 

If my death could bring more to Christ then God will allow it, I trust Him, I am just having so much trouble understanding. I feel like He has had enough of me and I am scared. 😭😭


A: You are understanding and thinking through this well. Do note that people were saved the same in OT as in NT since Eden; trusting in the Messiah to save them from their sins. The focus is on obtaining righteousness; ours as believers is Christ's righteousness by God's Grace. 

This is answered out of order; on purpose, to help you. *Note that there are inner links in the below pages, and that this page here is the main page on this topic to return to, as those pages do not link to all the below links. So remember to return here. +You can bookmark this page to ensure you return to this page to go through all the below. 😊

Answers: 
(#8) God is patient but it wears out. There is a line, and that's why God tells us in Scripture "Today is the day of salvation", because "after death is only judgment." (#1) It sounds like you are being lead to him for salvation, so simply genuinely obey the Gospel and grow in the Faith. 


Gain a better understanding by looking at these:


These bring clarity on #3 , #4, #5 & #6 :
What went wrong  - Man Fell, his fall ruined God's perfect world.

Why bad things happen & it's connection to salvation, restoration, our sanctification & God's will


(#7) God's will for your life & it's connection to your sanctification as a believer.


Bad things will always happen in this world. The only ones with hope and help are those under God's protection; the born again believers who are the Children of God. Our Heavenly Father loves us. Jesus interceeds for us as our High Priest, Mediator & Savior, and the Holy Spirit as our Spiritual life giver, gift giver and spiritual guide. God is with the Redeemed Ones now and eternally. He loves us.

If you're looking for a church, you can find a soild bible focused Church here. That means simply that all of these hold to the "Essentials" of biblical Christianity. You can safely go to any of these as a new believer.

God bless.


Related:


Hashtags:
#Fall, #Restoration in Christ by Salvation (thru the obeying of the Gospel), #God working all things out (despite sin and through sin & man's evil; "what you meant for evil God will use for good" Scripture says. #God works in this world both in general and specially towards believers adopted as God's Children. #God will complete His good work and plans...& usher in a blessed eternity for those who are Redeemed. 

Comments