Catholic struggling in life

Q: I just need prayers. Im all over the place. I'm struggling. I've never felt like I fit into this life. I met my hubby in high-school and felt like I had purpose. Fast forward 14 years later he's running his business and he's changing. He's addicted to work, I tried asking for more quality time said that I'm not grateful that we watch TV together most nights. But that's not what I meant we don't have support from family to watch our kids to go on dates as much as we would like. That's why I asked for quality time to sit and talk. I asked him to make boundaries with work that 7pm and later would be our time. We'll he exploded. Smashed his phone to pieces, didn't go to work today said he's going to throw it all away. One comment he said to me yesterday that stuck with me "entrepreneurs when we go up the family moves with them or they family gets left behind" I feel like I'm being left behind and hrs saying I'm changing I'm at home with 4 kids doing what I've been doing for years. He's called me jealous! I'm his biggest supporter I supported him getting an office, a new truck I was with him before he had his first bank account!!!!!!!!!
Threatening to sell the house that he's not gonna pay the mortgage, I said he's not because I won't sign the papers to allow it (I have to give permission since we are married and sign paper work allowing him to sell our properties)
Another issue is a random lady liked a photo i uploaded of our kids who he is tagged in. I asked him who that was he didn't know the name. I said well your the one that's friends with her my account is private so who is she why do you have a stranger and remove her there's no reason to have a stranger.
He said it's for work that she's a realtor (a big older) but I don't care. I said I don't like that you have strangers, you have a business page they can contact you through you have linked in that is apparently for professionals which is why he told me he made that account years ago. Said some people on marketplace message directly because they can't get through to me. I said ok that doesn't mean you have to be friends on Facebook. Some time passes never removed her made a comment again waited days passed now I'm mad. I say of there something going on that you cant respect what your wife has clearly communicated to you. He said I can go in his account to remove her, I said it's the principle within the first 2 minutes I told you the first time you should have done it instantly. If it's not a big deal then DO IT.

I feel like religion wise we are not on the same page. I feel like I'm going in the direction of Christians we were both raised catholic. I believe you get to God by going through the son. He doesn't really pay much attention to Jesus says that he shows God himself each day that he tried to be a better person he also agrees with the pope that all religions lead to God! I absolutely do not agree and made that clear. I'm friends with Muslims etc for starts and while they are so polite and a sweet humans I just don't agree fully. I believe every religion has amazingly nice people but deep down not all the teachings align. He said he also doesn't like Christians because he's been screwed attacked and backstabbed by people who identify as Christians and thinks their church is crazy because of how they sing and act. I said I was told singing is the strongest way to pray. I feel like I can't grow in that direction because of him and what does this mean for my 4 kids. I started questioning as we were preparing my son for his sacraments. They want to do reconciliation, confirmation then communion in the same school year. Where I was raised in another province it was reconciliation then communion years later we did confirmation. Does the order matter? Why is it inconsistent? I missed an email from the last school year in Feb or match for the reconciliation classes in March I knew confirmation was coming to so I was emailing to organize and working my butt to get it done so he can do it with his classmates my hubby had the audacity to ask if I did it on purpose ignoring the email. I lost it. I was raising my voice telling him everything I've been doing to resolve this that I'm not just a stay at home mom scratching my butt and that I'm actually taking care of alot. He took it in as I do everything and he does nothing. I was dumbfounded. What the heck does this have to do with him!? I'm telling him and proving and shining the light on what I have been doing while he's out working all day and turns it around on me?!? I am overwhelmed, over worked, emotionally I feel neglected, I don't have any family near me, I've made like 3 friends in the last 9 years I've lived here 2 I don't speak to anymore they have just moved or gravitated to other people. It's all over the place I keep saying to God please just give me strength to get through what you have for me I don't want nothing just give me the strength to go through what he has waiting for me.

A: I asked God guide me in this reply. I want to be helpful but not sure how you are going to take this, but its said in love. 

First, We are Christian, not Catholic, so what I say here is probably going to be new to you. Christians are the saved redeemed people of God. There's a big difference here as big as  between Hell and Heaven. Light and darkness. Saved and unsaved. God doesn't save us by works or baptism, the ways of Catholicism is not biblical. Those who hold to any belief other than what the Bible reveals [which protestantism does teach] is idolatry. All of it. Just as it shows clearly by the religion, the ways of Catholicism, and recent words of their pope... theyre not Christian. However, even so, there are people in RCC whom God is drawing to salvation and out of RCC [*1/3 of my large church are full of former Catholics]. Also there are many who profess to be Christian or believers in some form of false Christianity that are in quasi Christian religions [like RCC] and those who sit in pews in true Churches; Scripture is clear even Jesus said there will be weeds among the wheat and goats among the sheep which he will separate on Judgment Day. [Tho after death the ones who died as such will find themselves in Hell & know their fate]. Also true is those who are false Christians and the rest of the unsaved [who hold any belief of whatever] are all the same. Satan has decieved them to think they're all different when in fact they all follow Satanism. They're blinded and unaware of this. They're equally yoked in sin, equally chained to Satan. They live in a twisted moralism and by that they butt heads with one another [as Satan plays games among the people of varied sects of false beliefs, and its why people like the pope embrace all other religions; the god he speaks of which they all follow is Satan]. 

So, at the same time, yes its true; there is only one God and only one way to God BUT it's by the biblically revealed God, the biblically revealed Jesus through the Gospel revealed there [in God's Word]. All else is false religion. So if you want to follow God; YHWH the true and living God, then you need to be born again, and leave the Catholic religion. This is what everyone needs to know about the Gospel, so they who obey it can be saved (instantly & permanently). Jesus said in Mark 1:15 "Repent and believe the Gospel", so I want to encourage you to do so. Remembering tomorrow isn't guaranteed, and after death is only judgment (Heb. 9:27). 

Until you are saved you havent been converted by God into a new creation, transformed by Him to have spiritual life, you dont posess the Holy Spirit, cannot live under God's blessing, and you thus cannot live holy and in righteousness... which is needed in order to live out God's love towards others and towards Him. So people can give advice till their blue in the face but it doesn't get to the heart of the matter. It doesn't help you live rightly towards your spouse. Until he is saved he can't live rightly towards you either. So there's two unsaved people butting heads in sinful ways [by nature] going your own ways [with selfish mindsets], and there's no resolution when troubles keep arising. There's no unity and God isn't at the center of the marriage or your lives. The advice I give would only be a push towards moralism and not godly living. 

If you were born again I could offer the following advice, and for your sake I hope you turn to God today for salvation, [and get your family out of RCC immediately], so you can walk with the Lord, draw your family to Him, and have biblical ways to address these and other issues you run into in life. Being guided by Him through the Word; The Scriptures he gave us. 

To the Christian I would say, we all go through things that are common to man [Scripture says, as we live in this Fallen world]. We need to grow in the Fruit of the Spirit, in the understanding of the Gospel, and be living out love. Here is a resource that explains how to approach all situations in life right mindedly as a born again one. Here are things we need to know and grow deeper in our understanding of who God is, and in connection, how to live holy Christian lives. The more we grow in maturity in the Word and in the Faith, we can rightly respond to any situation in a godly right way. 

Until your spouse [and kids] get saved you will be unequally yoked, however God has made provisions for living in a home and family with unbelievers, since there are various ways one finds themselves in that situation; some could be forced arranged marriages, some get saved after marriage, etc. So we are to live as light into the home, and they are blessed in ways they otherwise wouldn't be, because you are there. It can be part of how they're drawn to Christ. 

So read Scripture daily [the Bible with 66 books], study what it says, memorize verses, go to a Bible focused church, grow in the faith and to maturity, killing sin in your life, conquering wrong emotions and thoughts, and live for God while becoming "more like" & "following"Jesus while carrying your cross daily. 
--

To you I say, we don't fit into this life because we're broken/sinners. We aren't living how we were designed to. The Fall by Adam's sin caused all the problems in the world (and each of us sinning causes even more). We need to be fixed/restore to our original design. That reset can only happen by being born again. Jesus said "unless you are born again you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven". Settle this urgent matter with God today. Understand the Gospel and obey it. God will radically transform you, as noted above, and you can then live out the purpose for your existence, and follow His will for your life. 

You'll also have a true family of the people of God at your local Church whom you can befriend and be brethren with for eternity. It is the community of God. They'll be able to provide godly counsel in the wisdom of the mature believers, decons and pastors there to help you along the way as you strive for holy living daily. 

God will give you the strength to persevere even in hard times, (we see in Scripture He is faithful and always is up to something good when something is going on). We just need to be submitting to Him, know the Scriptures, and let God guide us to and through all things, for our good and His glory.

Hope this helps. God bless

Related Resources 

Comments