Bf turned to God & intimacy stopped

Q:  My boyfriend has redirected himself to God (after 10 years). This means he's stopped being intimate with me, saying we should "wait until marriage". I don't understand - as someone who wasn't raised religious.

I'm also trying to understand the ways of the Bible, but I'm feeling so lost at times. I just want to be intimate with him and show our love for each other. It's very hard not having that after we did for a year and a half.

He keeps directing me to the story of Job, where🙃 I also keep opening up to every time I open a Bible. I understand that Job went through great turmoil (just like in my life) and that he still stood for God but I just can't find salvation in me.
Any advice or anything would be appreciated. I'm trying so hard.


A: Hopefully this will help.
In a nutshell...
*Believers cannot be in a relationship with non believers.

*We live in a fallen world so yes all kinds of bad and sad things happen to all of us (because of sin; all are sinners). I think he is trying to explain that to you by showing you Job "and" how God is in control and works all things out. To encourage you.

*Like all people - you need to be made right with God, and I hope you settle that today. This will help, this vid explains (shortly & simply) the how and why.

*Fornication is a sin. All sin is done against God (who is the standard of rightness, perfection). Being made in His image we are to be holy, live rightly, but we cant until the sin nature is killed and the righteous nature takes its place, [Spiritual life is given to those who are in Christ], by being born again. 

Therefore if your bf is Christian, he is growing in righteousness, and loving what God loves and hates what God hates. Thus he wouldnt premeditatedly do something wicked; sin against God "purposely", by fornicating. If he did, it would show either that he doesnt understand the holiness of God [and doesnt rightly fear Him], or God is not in him and thus reveals he doesnt love the God he claims to --- because those saved will "purposely pursue righteousness" because they Love God.

As far as intimacy, God designed that as a gift for a husband and wife. It is only to be opened and enjoyed after a couple is married. So again, your bf is respecting God, you and your parents by not committing fornication - but instead is obeying and honoring God. And showing love towards you.

As far as the Bible, unbelievers [the unsaved] cannot understand it. They might see a few good moral ideas here and there or some wisdom quotes, but the Bible as a whole for an unbeliever can only do one thing... reveal you need the Savior Jesus. It tells you how to be saved. After that [once you are born again] the Holy Spirit indwells you and gives you spiritual eyes to see all its depths and breadth of what it contains, and is a guide for holy living.

Once you get saved, go here to begin learning what Scripture teaches (from core basics to actual in depth studying). And yes, God will give you the desire to daily read, study and live it out. 🥰

Focus on your relationship with God, grow in the Faith, and if God has plans for you both to marry then he will bless your lifelong union. If you both go down that path... make sure to go through a solid pre marital course at church (or with your pastor) before you get married.

I hope this helps.

God bless

Comments