Should I join a church with secondary issue?
Attending infant baptism
Q: I'm considering changing churches and the only biblically sound one near me that I can find is a Presbyterian church. So my biggest concern is that I'm not 100% convinced on infant baptism. What would be your arguments for or against infant baptism?
A: Infant baptism isnt biblical and stems out of false teachings of the catholic religion.
If you have checked the belief statement of the churches around (and it is the only one in 50 miles) and you have no other choice, you can go... it is a secondary issue so you should be ok. But if you have children you need to teach the issue, discuss believers baptism and how you can have unity and disagree on non essentials. It is a good time to go thru the essentials with your child. And while baptism, women preachers, end times views, etc are important like tier 1 of secondary and can prevent you from going to a church with those views, if you have no choice on going to a church doing infant baptism, it is not as serious as women preachers.
Essentials are hills to die on
Comments
Post a Comment