FoUnD a BIbLe ErORr
Q: are there actual errors in Bible?
A: Only errors are the sins of men listed, that keep happening even today.
Some say theres errors in the Bible. I would say: "Which part? Name the exact Chapter & verse, or section, please". It is likely you ran into a difficulty, or scribal error easily reconciled w manuscripts, it is not a lie or actual Scripture error. The error was on man's part. Either the reader or the scribe in a few cases.
Q: there could be a translation trying to fix the "error" that was not there, making the error manifest in that translation.
the ones I am refering to are in the bible. I forget where they are at. One I remember is a battle where X thousand dies in 1 day.. and in another book its worded as (X + Y) thousand died during the entire battle. ie. X died in 1 day and Y died in the remaining days of the battle, but some translations put X died in 1 day and X died during entire battle implying the battle was only 1 day long, but it was a multi-day battle.
This was the event I was thinking of
Numbers 25:9;1 Corinthians 10:8
24,000 entire kill count vs a 1 day kill count of 23,000. However, when using biblehub all translations they use are correct. I was mixing up that particular combination of scripture with another one where the translations try to correct the perceived error but actually put the error in.
A: thats not a lie of God, nor actual Scripture error, thats posdibly a difficulty people run into in explaining the event. Possibly about eyewitnesses testifying. or simply scribal copy error, or typo at the publisher they later corrected. Would have to look into it...
Q: I was confusing it with this one
II Samuel 10:18; I Chron 19:18
Which is it 700 or 7,000 men. The correct answer is the men of 700 chariots and each chariot team consisted of 10 men. But the NIV and many many others has
II Samuel 10:18... seven hundred of their charioteers
I Chron 19:18 ...seven thousand of their charioteers
The ESV almost gets it right but makes the error in 1 Chron
II Samuel 10:18... the men of 700 chariots
I Chron 19:18.. .the men of 7,000 chariots
Appears KJV gets it right but NKJV gets it wrong. Havent looked at other versions.
A: This is likely clarified/answered here, among the 740k frequent answers. If you dig a bit youll always find the answer 🧐😊
I looked it up, and in fact the answer is there 😉. But, note. Even if theres a scribal error when copying, doesnt mean theres a God error in him writing Scripture, that's the point. 👍🙂
Comments
Post a Comment