Disagreeing in Church & as a Christian

Disagreeing Rightly 


1. Essentials- hills to die on, and cant fellowship with. 
2. Secondary - cant do church together
3. Tertiary - can have a discussion over dinner thats it. 
4. Can have disagreement over:
Social, Political, Cultural issues ... but pick what hills to die on (like abortion). But do it calm and respectfully. Many areas of SPC dont matter eternally. 

How to engage people while living out the biblical Christian faith in church & in the world?

Especially with non biblical non theological issues:

1. How important is the issue?

2. How sure am I of my position?

3. Can reasonable Christians disagree?

4. Can we disagree and be members of the same church?

5. Am I prizing the argument above the person?

6. Am I prizing the issue above the unity of the church?

7. Is this the right time and place for this conversation?

8. How can I disagree in such a way that we leave more unified, not less?


Related resources:

List Secondary and Tertiary beliefs


Books


Comments