Objections
Christians know:
“… Always be prepared to give an answer to ... to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" 1 Peter 3:15
Isaiah 1:18 - "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool."
But also, we know when to end a convo:
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes. Proverbs 26:4-5
“Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you." Matthew 7:6
And
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out ... shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them."
Matthew 10:14, Mark 6:11, Luke 9:5
"But when they resisted and blasphemed, he shook out his garments and said to them, 'Your blood be on your own heads! I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.'" Acts 18:6
"Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God." Acts 20:26-27
But also
"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without someone going to them?" Romans 10:14
"How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!'" Romans 10:15, Isaiah 52:7
Mark 16:15 - "And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'"
Romans 10:17 - "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."
There are 3 kinds of doubts. For some people it is 1. legitimate logical doubt, but for many, it’s either 2. emotional (they’ve been hurt or are emotionally invested in their current beliefs) or 3. volitional (they don’t WANT to believe maybe because they don’t want God’s authority in their life.)
I don't know which of those you are currently holding to, but am here to point you to answers and evidences encourage you to properly examine Christianity so you can overcome doubts and hopefully move you towards belief and trust.
I don't have to change someone’s mind in a single conversation, or in multiple ones, I am just the messenger. God plants seeds of truth in you, draws you to it, and you are responsible for the light he has given you: Besides Natural Revelation; Creation, God has given mankind Special Revelation; The Bible, and Spiritual Revelation; a believers radical transformation miracle at conversion. You have access to all of those.
If you actually want answers you can go here
If you want to know how to be made right with God, go here.
I do hope you will investigate it. If you finally have a chance to actually look into it, because theres resources, go for it.
Comments
Post a Comment