Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
May this bless you and help you as you grieve or spend time with those who are.
This page contains Bible verses, articles to help both the one dying and the ones left behind after a loss, answers, books, helps reaching the lost, and helps for the holidays after a loss. I hope it hekps you at this time.
I ask God to give me wisdom to see clearly and really understand who Christ is and all that He has done for me, that my heart will be flooded with light, so I can see something of the future He has called me to share, to understand how incredibly great His power is to help those who believe Him.
---from Ephesians 1:17-19
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, sound the sound of the trumpet of God and the dead in Christ will rise, first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
For those Christians who are grieving, may your sorrows turn to joy should the Lord rapture us to himself in Heaven today or tomorrow, or very soon. Then not only will we eternally be with Jesus Christ our God and Savior, but reunited with those we love (parents, friends, siblings, or children). Let us look forward to the day the Lord comes for us and keep our eyes focused on Heaven - our eternal home.
BIBLE VERSES OF HOPE
Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, My plans for you were made. Jeremiah 1:5
"My times are in your Hands" Ps. 31:15
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
"Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10
Romans 14:8 - If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
"Be still and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10
Romans 14:8 - If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
"The Lord's loved ones are precious to him; it grieves him when they die" Ps. 116:15
"We are confident, I say, and desire rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8
VERSES OF COMFORT
"Then Jesus wept. The people who were standing by said "See how much he loved him." John 11:35-36
"But now he is dead. I can't bring him back. I shall go to him, but he will not return here to me.” 2 Sam. 12:23"
All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." Ps. 13:39
I am the way the truth and the life, anyone who comes to me will not perish but have eternal life - Jesus
God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that these things produce a steadfastness of your faith. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11
I lift up my eyes to the sky. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
Psalm 55:22: "Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you."
Lamentations 3:22-24, “Because of the Lord’s great love... for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait and rest in Him”
I will bless the Lord Who guides me; even at night, my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. Psalm 16:78
When People Die
Processing a Loss Biblically (video)
Related:
Books for the dying and berieved:
*Hard to Believe (for non believers)
* Dying of Cancer, the Big C.
* Don’t Waste Your Cancer, (for believers)
Therefore I have Hope, by Cameron Cole
Kids: The great Big sad, by Christine Fox
Someone I Know is Grieving, by Edward Welch
Grieving your way back to Peace, James White
HOLIDAYS
Grieving through Holidays
Though The Bible says: You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves [as the pagans do] says the LORD. Leviticus19:28 because we have hope and assurance that they are with God, and we are not to create shrines to them either.
Some ideas of things we can do things to remember and celebrate the life of a loved one, especially during the holidays:
Some ideas of things we can do things to remember and celebrate the life of a loved one, especially during the holidays:
Grieving the Loss of a Loved One through the Holidays
On the loss of Children and childrens loss:
Children deal with death differently. Talk to them and help them understand a bit about eternity and Heaven.
Listen to the music from SCC grieving album shared with the world "Beauty Will Rise".
Babies Safe in His Arms (book) ⭐ [for all]
Loved Baby by Sarah Philpot (for her)
Held by Abbey Wedgeworth (Miscarriage)
Ours by Eric Schumacher (for husbands)
Video playlist of helpful re children
DEATH AND DYING IN THE BIBLE
This explains what Scripture teaches.
This talks about Heaven and Christians being there: "But now he is dead. I can't bring him back. I shall go to him, but he will not return here to me.” 2 Sam. 12:23
Need help with grief?
Speak with a Biblical Counselor
More articles, faq, and encouragement
More articles, faq, and encouragement
bookmark this page you are reading if you would like to review the information again
Death is not the end. Do you think about eternity? Do you want to make sure you are going to Heaven when you die? Receive the offer through the Gospel, and begin your relationship with God today.
Death is not the end. Do you think about eternity? Do you want to make sure you are going to Heaven when you die? Receive the offer through the Gospel, and begin your relationship with God today.
Resources for new & growing believers
Related:
Comments
Post a Comment