Titanic
The Titanic [the world] is going down, we must get people into the lifeboat [Jesus].
I see those within the Christian Church as survivors of the Titanic. We are in a lifeboat, and all around us people are quietly groaning in terror because they know that they are about to drown. What am I going to do as I look at such a sight? Perhaps I could polish the brass on the boat. Or maybe I could get a deck of cards out of my pocket and play a game of solitaire to fill in time. These are insane thoughts in such a scenario. If I am any sort of human being, I will, in every way, try get those dying people into the safety of the lifeboat. If I can grab an oar, reach out to some, and pull them into the boat, I will do it. If I can find a rope to throw out and pull in multiple people, I’ll do that with all my might. God forbid that I should be distracted from the sobering task that is before me—to pull precious human beings into safety. That’s my biblical worldview, and that is what shapes my convictions when it comes to the lost.
Please use the oar to pull the lost into the safety of the Savior.
Brethren, do something; do something, do something! Our one aim is to win souls
-Charles Spurgeon
Jude 1:23
"save others by snatching them out of the fire"
Related resources
Cr: Ray Comfort, from Christmas message 2022
Comments
Post a Comment