Before I Die

Can I just sin to my hearts content and get right before I die?


Q:  Does  the Bible say that as long as I ask forgiveness before I did and have faith, that it doesn't matter what I've done before, (example: that I can harm or kill millions of people) but as long as I believe I will be "good to go"?

 A: That way of thinking isn't in line with Scripture if you are saying "I just want to sin all I want to as long as I can and then get right just before I die". That is a sinful, rebellious, evil and wrong way of thinking. If a person clearly understands Sin, and living in a right relationship with God on earth (during our life time and before we die), then no one in their right mind would suggest "let's just sin all we can and then last minute get saved."  THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS. 

Question- when are you going to die? You don't know right? It could be at a Halloween party in Seoul, in a boating accident like the Titanic, it could be in a sudden car accident, it could be by heart attack, it could be a disease that you find out about and are told you only have a week to live, you could get dementia early in life and then have zero opportunity left, it could be in 5 minutes or when you go to sleep tonight.  This is why God says TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION. Because Tomorrow isn't promised. Children, kids, teens and adults die every day; they do not get to live a long old life and have a deathbed confession. 150,000 people die every day, and today God may end your life, your timeline ends, your lifespan is over.  And then it is too late. God was clear: Salvation is only available while you are alive, after death is only Judgment.  The unsaved are Judged after death, but the Redeemed in Christ are not judged because Jesus paid their sin debt to God for their crimes, and they are free from Judgment, and are Saved. 

Importance of the Gospel  <<<


But, if your question is Why do people who do evil "get forgiven", there is a few things to understand. 

1. Everyone is evil and a sinner. No one is good. 

2. The fact that God even offers forgiveness is amazing and something worth grasping at right now. 

3. It doesnt matter what sins a person commits, they could be Daumer, a muslim suicide terrorist murdering thousands on 9/11, they could be Hitler (who was responsible for murdering 60 million people). IF they are saved, if they have been born again and are now right with God... JESUS paid their eternal punishment on the cross. It has been paid in full, Justice has been served. 

To understand this better

Why do horrible people get forgiven 

Wicked from birth 


Now other question is: If I am Saved and Forgiven... can I just "SIN all I want to"? 

There is a fundamental error in thinking that. 

God has converted us from lover of sin and a person enslaved to sin and enslaved to Satan... to a person who has been given Spiritual Life by God, who is now a new creation, who has new and right desires; a person who hates sin and loves righteousness and what is right. A Christian does not live in sin or love sin nor plot and plan and go do sin. 

Having a true understanding of sin and what the cost was to redeem us... there is NO way a Christian would live in sin. 


And Finally - DONT WASTE YOUR DASH 

Scripture is very clear on the Christian life. We are meant to live a life with God at the center, and have a personal relationship with Him NOW on earth, not just in eternity. And we are to be a blessing to others, serve God, fellowship with believers, be a help and a blessing to others, grow in the knowledge and truth in Scripture, live out our life in a way that pleases God and glorifies Him, and etc etc. And to share the gospel with the lost; it is why he keeps us here. He conforms us to the image of Christ by making us more holy, righteous and godly.  Once we pass from death to eternity... none of those things are possible. And Scripture says those who get in by the skin of their teeth...  did not store up treasure in Heaven, will have no rewards, and will not have a more blessed eternity than those who have. This is one reason we are to surrender to God today, and begin living life the way God designed us to, and to do the works He wants to do through us while we are still here.  So before we die or before the Rapture, we are to be about the business Scripture tells us to be. The New Testament is full of all of this information.  Don't waste your Dash 

I highly suggest you read the Bible cover to cover. I know some of the books are hard to go through as a non believer, but grab a highlighter, and read through it, marking the important things, the blessings the promises the things we should be doing and living, and all the benefits and good things promised to those who belong to Christ, who belong to God.  Do not miss out on all that God wants to give you and do through you and bless you with in this life, so that you have a great eternity once you are called into eternity by your Creator.  

Once you have done that simple study through the Bible, you can reread it just looking at the highlighted verses. Then go pick a different Bible reading plan and go through Scriptures in fun ways. Picking a new plan after you finish the current one. There are endless options. Check these out. 


Do I have to read all the Bible and look at all those things or "do" other things before I can be saved? What if I die before then? A: Obey the Gospel today, and then begin the journey of reading through Scripture and seeing all God has for you. Then if you die between now and then, you are at least saved and will be in Heaven in eternity. If you live longer, then make sure you do not waste your dash, and read the Bible daily, obey it. 

In case you didnt figure it out, the dash is (Birthdate - Death date), it is all the time you are given while you are on Earth. Focus on living for God, remove distractions and diversions, and live in Christ and for the glory of God, and to be a blessing to others. 


Hope this helps. 




Comments